The dos and don’ts of transporting heavy equipment
At Lipari Group Machinery Mover, handling heavy machinery is our specialty. We’ve been a trusted source for all residential, commercial and industrial rigging, moving and storage needs in Montreal and abroad for over 50 years. As industry leaders, we’re proud to be able to share our know-how and expertise. In this blog post, discover the right (and wrong!) ways to transport heavy machinery.
Transporting heavy equipment: key things to consider
To avoid getting into accidents or receiving costly fines when moving heavy equipment from one location to the next, follow these expert tips:
- Hire professionals. It can be very dangerous to trust amateurs with the transport of heavy machinery. Moving heavyweight objects is a delicate operation with many legal implications, to say the least. In order to get to your final destination without getting hit with a hefty fine for the unsafe transportation of dangerous cargo, don’t take unnecessary risks—call in the professionals!
- Do safety checks. Security is paramount when it comes to the transportation of heavy machinery. Before hitting the road, have the truck, flatbed, equipment and fastening devices double-checked by at least two different workers. Neglecting proper safety checks is not only dangerous, but also irresponsible! Furthermore, don’t forget to keep a written record of the inspection (like a checklist), and have it signed by a supervisor.
- Watch out for motorists. It’s your responsibility to ensure the safety of other motorists around you when transporting heavy cargo. Check to see that proper warning signs (flags, reflector panels, etc.) are in place, and make sure that safety barriers are properly secured.
Transporting heavy equipment: key things to avoid
In order to ensure the safe arrival of your cargo without compromising your safety and that of other drivers on the road, avoid the following dangerous habits:
- Driving over the speed limit
- Letting the motor run in restricted areas with poor ventilation
- Turning or changing lanes without checking your blind spot first
- Driving in a weary state or under the influence of drugs or alcohol
At Lipari Group Machinery Mover, our drivers respect the highest code of conduct to avoid hazards on the road when transporting heavy equipment.
Trust our expertise
Do you need a reliable rigging, moving and transportation company for heavy machinery in Montreal or surrounding areas (Pointe-Claire, Lachine, etc.)? Lipari Group Machinery Mover has you covered! Our superior customer service and affordable prices make us a reliable source for all of your equipment handling needs. Contact us today for customized solutions.